Summer recipes for dogs and cats
Summer is here, and as the temperatures rise, it's essential to keep our furry friends cool and hydrated. Our pets rely on us to provide them with healthy and nutritious meals, and what better way to do so than by whipping up some delicious homemade summer recipes? In this blog, we'll share some refreshing and easy-to-make homemade recipes that your cats and dogs will love. These recipes are curated by Dr. Anukarna Singh BVSc MVSc Animal Nutrition for Kuddle. So, wear your chef hats, and get ready to give our pets a tasty and healthy way to beat the heat this summer!
- 1 cup refrigerated Banana Slices
- 1 cup refrigerated Mango Slices
- 2 tablespoon Greek Yoghurt (OR use water instead if your pet is intolerant to yogurt)
Preparation: Blend the ingredients together into a smooth paste and freeze. Use as a topping on food or let them lick, avoid swallowing as a whole.
Chicken coleslaw salad:
- 200 g chicken breast
- 30 g grated carrots
- 10 g fresh iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 20 g fresh cream or coconut milk for individuals who are intolerant to dairy
- Organic honey (free of artificial sweeteners)
- 1 pinch oregano
Preparation: Cook the chicken to reach a temperature of 165 ̊ F and shred it into small bits, put it in the fridge for 30 mins to cool down.
In a small mixing bowl whisk together the chicken, vegetables, fresh cream, and a few drops of honey, and a small pinch of oregano. Toss to evenly coat, and serve with love.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, cut into cubes
- 20 g boiled American corn
- 20 g sweet potato, boiled properly and cut into small cubes
- 4-5 chopped mint leaves
- ½ tsp cold pressed virgin olive oil
Preparation: Mix the ingredients together in a serving bowl, keep in the fridge for 10 mins, and serve.
These refreshing summer recipes are perfect for keeping your cats and dogs cool and comfortable while also providing them with the nutrition they need. These recipes are sure to become a favorite among your furry friends! So, go ahead and experiment with different recipes, and let your pets enjoy the best of summer with you. Don't forget to share pictures of your pets enjoying these treats with us on social media! Let's make this summer a memorable one for our beloved companions.